This site provides a survey of art by Nick Savides. The most recent work is in the Recent section.
Organized by subject; the seven sections are:
- New York – cityscapes, street scenes, park scenes, cafe and interior scenes in oil, with an emphasis on the Times Square, Financial District, and the Meatpacking District. Includes Central Park, Brooklyn Bridge, Manhattan Bridge, Prospect Park, Wall Street.
- Paris – cityscapes, street scenes, park scenes, garden scenes, and train stations in oils inspired by Paris. Includes many scenes with the Seine,
- London – cityscapes, street scenes
- Rural – country landscapes in oils, inspired by such locations as Amenia in Dutchess County, NY and Sharon in Litchfield County, CT, and Arkansas. Includes horses, people, dogs, cows, and the hunt theme.
- Coastal – landscapes in oils and watercolors inspired by Martha’s Vineyard, MA and Maine.
- American West – landscapes in oil inspired by the Grand Canyon, the Badlands of South Dakota, Yosemite National Park, Yellowstone National Park, Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon, Cedar Breaks, Monument Valley, and Arches National Park
- Portaits -of family and friends and other paintings of people
The sections are arranged chronologically, so the most recent are on view first.
Artworks are for sale unless marked “private collection”, then are available in print only. Please use the contact link on the top of the page to inquire about prices.
Below are some common tags that you can use to display particular works:
Badlands | beach | boats | bridges | Brooklyn | Café | Canyons | cat | churches | cityscape | coastal | commission | dogs | drawing | farm | figurative | figure | Financial District | France | gardens | horses | hunt | interior | landscape | lighthouse | London | lovers | Martha’s Vineyard | New York | nocturnal | nude | NYC | oil painting | Paris | parks | portrait | restaurant | rocks | Seine | Sunrise | sunset | Times Square | upstate | watercolor | Yellowstone
French translations in the Paris section are by Athena Savides.